The Grand Rapids Public Library Foundation partners with the Grand Rapids Library to support and fund an array of library programs and services that enrich the community and offer a superior library experience that would not otherwise be possible.
It is through the support of individual, corporate and legacy donors that the GRPL Foundation:
- Contributes Audio and eAudiobooks to the library's rapidly expanding Audio and eAudiobook collection.
- Supports Cultural Programming and Events including:
- African American Heritage
- Hispanic Heritage
- Fosters educational advancement for children, teens and adults via programs such as:
- GR Reads - an adult reading program that focuses on books and events.
- Summer Reading Challenge for Children and Teens
- Small Business Resource Center and Small Business Classes
- Preserves local and statewide history through the support of several special historical collection funds including:
- Helen E. Conger Fund
- Lewis Stuart Fund
- Nokomis Foundation Legacy Fund
- Ladies Literary Club Fund
- Provides access to innovative technology through programs such as:
- Downloadable eAudiobooks
- DigiBridge which includes the placement of Nooks in Grand Rapids Public Schools